Our new clients save an average of £158* on car insurance
We save you money, without compromising cover. Our advisors listen to you and find the policy that’s right for you, at the best price.Get a quote * 51% of new car insurance clients saved money, with an average saving of £158 between August 2021 and January 2022
Why come to A-Plan for car insurance?
At A-Plan we pride ourselves on our truly personal service. We provide great value car insurance to nearly 350,000 motorists a year by finding the right policy to fit your individual requirements. Our select panel of high quality insurers and our expert helpful advisors help save you time and money.
We take your cover personally
You get to speak to real people who really know their stuff. We get to know you to understand exactly what insurance you’re after. Then we do the legwork to match you to the right insurer for the right policy – saving you time, money and hassle. So, you get the right cover at the right price.
Making car insurance easy.
When it comes to claims and renewals, we’ve got that covered too. We’ll take care of it and make sure we support you through the claim, so you don’t need to worry.
- A friendly car insurance expert will give you tailored advice over the phone or at one of our 100+ branches nationwide.
- We don’t work on commission – we put you and your car first. So, whether it’s car insurance for experienced drivers, classic car cover or over 50s car insurance, we’ll find a policy to suit you.
- We do a car insurance comparison with our carefully selected insurers to get you the right price and make sure you’re covered.
- When it’s time to renew, we don’t just hit repeat – we get in touch to see what’s changed and find you the right cover all over again.
- If you need to claim, we take the pressure off with our claims service. We’ll be with you all the way and take care of the negotiating for you.
Car insurance FAQs
What is car insurance excess?
It’s how much of a claim you pay. For example, if you set your excess at £50, and you claim £500, your insurer will pay up to £450 and you’ll pay £50. If your car can’t be fixed, your insurer will take £50 off the money they pay you to replace your car.
I have more than one car – can I get a discount?
Our experts will find you the most cost-effective insurance for all your cars, whether that’s with a discount or not. We’ll look at all your options and get you the best deal.
What’s a No Claims Discount?
Also known as a No Claims Bonus, this is a discount if you’ve had car insurance but never claimed. The more years you’re claim-free – usually up to a maximum of five or six years – the more you save.
How do I prove my No Claims Discount?
You’ll need the renewal notice or a letter from your insurer. You can email it to us at or drop it into your local branch. Or we can get the proof for you instead. Just give us your expired or cancelled policy details and we’ll take care of it.
How do I make a claim?
Give your local branch a call and we’ll get the ball rolling with our claims service. We know claiming can be difficult and stressful. That’s why we take care of it for you. We’ll liaise with your insurer, fight your corner, take care of the paperwork and keep you updated.
Talk to us to save yourself time and moneyTry us out and see how we can help save money and make finding the right insurance cover that little bit easier for you.